D. Seth Coomer
Seth Coomer grew up on a farm in Columbia, Adair County, Kentucky. He went on to graduate from the University of Kentucky in 2012 with a degree in History. He graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2015.
Seth believes in telling his client's story. His goal is to tell this story in a meaningful and effective way - powerful, persuasive, and simple.
Seth has represented injured people from all over the Commonwealth in both State and Federal Court. He is admitted to practice law in the Courts of every county in Kentucky, as well as the United States Eastern and Western Districts. He has helped countless injured Kentuckians and obtained millions of dollars for his clients in settlements and jury verdicts.
In 2019, The Kentucky Trial Court Review recognized Seth as one of the Commonwealth's "Most Prolific Trial Attorneys" of the year. The Kentucky Trial Court Review is a publication that keeps records and statistics for all cases that go to jury trial in Kentucky each year.
In 2021 and in 2022, the rating agency Super Lawyers named Seth as a "Rising Star - Top Attorney in Kentucky and Ohio." To be named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, an attorney must be younger than forty (40) years old or in practice ten (10) years or less. A maximum of 2.5% of lawyers in a state can receive this award.
Seth has also practiced cases before both the Kentucky Supreme Court and the Kentucky Court of Appeals.
Seth lives in Lexington with his wife, Katy.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury 90%
- Insurance Bad Faith 10%
- Kentucky, 2015
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- Honors: Member of the Moot Court Board and Student Bar Association
- University of Kentucky
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2012
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: History
- Minor: Philosophy
Honors And Awards
- Super Lawyers named Seth as a “Rising Star – Top Attorney in Kentucky and Ohio"
- One of the Commonwealth’s “Most Prolific Trial Attorneys” of the year, The Kentucky Trial Court Review, 2019
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Fayette County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Stephen M. O'Brien, III, PLLC, Clerk, 2014 to 2015